We are currently looking to recruit a Supervising Social Worker based within our Fostering Agency in South East Kent. This position is a permanent role and you will be responsible for the assessment, supervision and support of foster carers based in Kent. The successful candidate will be part of our unique, expanding organisation which helps children achieve their full potential.
Channels and Choices Therapeutic Fostering specialise in working with children who have experienced trauma, most will have an attachment disorder. We create a secure base for all the children in our care and we focus on achieving seamless transitions so that children can be part of a loving and nurturing family.
We have an extensive training programme for all our staff and foster carers including the ARP (Attachment and Relationships Programme) delivered by Professor David Shemmings, OBE, Professor of Child Protection Research at the University of Kent.
Channels & Choices is registered as a Therapeutic Community with The Consortium of Therapeutic Communities (TCTC), The National Centre for therapeutic residential and foster care, and The Royal College of Psychiatry.
Applicants must have the following qualifications and skills:
- You must be professionally registered with the HCPC, and eligible to work in the UK
- You must have a relevant Social Work qualification (BA/MA Social Work/DipSW or equivalent)
- Previous social work experience, ideally within a fostering team, we would consider newly qualified social workers preferably with some experience within a fostering team.
- Full working knowledge of current statutory and regulatory guidelines governing the operation of fostering, services for children and young people and of child care legislation
- Full UK Driving License and use of own car
- Flexibility, adaptability, confidentiality
- You will be required to form part of an on call team
- Ensure compliance with regulations, legislation and best practice guidelines
- Provide support and supervise a small group of carers
- Provide high quality services to the children and young people placed with Channels and Choices Fostering Services
- Ensure an excellent quality service that promotes positive outcomes for looked after children
- Be responsible for timely Form F Assessments and other relevant assessments and reports
- Promote the company and ensure professional standards are maintained at all times
Channels & Choices is committed to safeguarding & promoting the welfare of children & young people. All posts are subject to an enhanced DBS disclosure, employment background checks, references & verification of right to work in the UK. Channels and Choices is an equal opportunities employer.
Strictly no agencies thank you.