The role of Shift Leader/Senior Shift Leader is to provide safety, support, care, guidance, nurture and a secure base for the children and young people in our care. The role includes leading shifts, contributing to the running of the home and help induct and train new staff through role modelling and displaying good childcare through example.
Please click link below to view job description:
- We are currently offering Full Time contracts working within a rota system which includes shift work and sleep-ins.
- £8.40 – £10.50 per hour starting rate
- Fantastic development opportunities for staff and a high level of training provided in house and the country’s leading experts in therapeutic child care.
We are looking for candidates who are passionate about improving the lives and outcomes for children and young people. We are an activity based company and promote the well-being of our young people through a wide and varied programme of activities, sports and hobbies.
Channels & Choices is committed to safeguarding & promoting the welfare of children & young people. The post is subject to an enhanced DBS disclosure, an employment background check, satisfactory references & verification of right to work in the UK.
If you would like more information please contact Paulette Holliday or Jessica Seal on 01304 361888.
- All employees in our Residential Service must be over 20 years of age
- NVQ or Diploma Level 3 in Children and Young People’s Workforce or equivalent
- GCSE in Maths and English at C Grade or above/equivalent
- Knowledge of Child Protection and Safeguarding
- Previous experience in working in a residential care setting
- Physically fit and able to carry out physical intervention when necessary
- Resilient and motivated person
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written
- Calm, approachable manner, adaptable and non-judgemental
- Able to work under own initiative and as part of a team
- Previous experience in working with children and young people
- Previous experience in managing people or a team
- Any relevant or transferrable skills, such as First Aid trained
- Ability to drive and hold a full driving licence
- Basic housekeeping and cooking skills
- An understanding of a therapeutic approach to caring for children and young people