Salary Range of £19,293.00 to £21,449.76 per annum with opportunities to progress
Permanent Full Time Position – 37.5 hours per week
Channels & Choices is an award winning, dynamic company specialising in children’s residential care, Fostering and Education based in South-East Kent. OFSTED judge our services as ‘Outstanding’
We are currently looking to recruit an enthusiastic, hard working person to provide general administrative and receptionist support to our Sallygate School.
Channels and Choices Therapeutic Community specialise in working with children who have experienced trauma, most will have an attachment disorder. We create a secure base for all the children in our care and we focus on achieving the best outcomes for these children.
The post is permanent, full-time position (37.5 hours per week). Further benefits include 36 days paid annual leave per year (to be taken in the school holidays) and a loyalty scheme which rewards you with extra annual leave following 2 years of service.
This post will also come with a full package of in-house training and the opportunity to undertake a Level 2/3 Diploma in Business Administration.
We have a strong commitment to staff development and there will be considerable opportunities for internal and external training and for sharing good practice within the community.
Channels and Choices are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the young people in our care. Staff are all required to adhere to the organisation’s Safeguarding Policies and Procedures. This post will be subject to a clear Enhanced DBS Disclosure, an employment background check, satisfactory references & verification of a right to work in the UK. As part of our commitment to Safer Recruitment, CV’s cannot be considered without a completed application form.
To provide administration, reception and general office support to the school. To be an effective and efficient team member contributing to the smooth and efficient running of the school and the organisation overall. The post holder is primarily based in and supports the school, but forms part of a wider administrative team supporting the organisation as a whole.
Duties and Responsibilities
- To work alongside in support of and in partnership with team members and other professionals (Social Workers, Police, Education, and Health) to help looked after children reach targets and expectations as outlined in their care plans and other plans for permanence
- Attending meetings, taking and reproducing appropriate notes and minutes
- Be responsible for the administration of all Exams data and Exam entries
- Word processing; letter writing; data entry; filing; faxing; producing labels
- Providing administrative, reception and general office support to the Sallygate school
- Supporting the administration of the Human Resources, training, fostering and therapy teams as required
- Maintaining school logs, reports, registers and petty cash
- Data entry and maintaining school records
- Maintenance of the school Single Central Record
- Creating, setting up and maintaining staff files in accordance with relevant legislation, guidelines and best practice
- Supporting SLT with diary management, minute taking and co-ordinating meetings as appropriate
- Dealing with telephone and email enquiries in a timely, polite and efficient manner and fielding them as appropriate
- Supporting with booking and co-ordinating meetings, together with associated tasks including lunches and refreshments as appropriate
- Purchasing and maintaining office supplies
- Collating and providing information from the school for the community newsletter
- Reception duties to include greeting clients, visitors and training course attendees, ensuring that they are welcomed to the company and that the visitors book is accurately maintained
- Creating and maintaining effective filing systems and ensuring records are up to date and stored in accordance with relevant legislation e.g. Data Protection Act
- Sorting and distributing incoming post and organising and sending outgoing post
- Photocopying, scanning and printing various documents
- Providing support to other administrative colleagues during busy times as directed
- Maintaining confidentiality at all times
- School admissions – maintaining records, dealing with referral paperwork.
- To ensure that register and students records and files are kept updated including emergency contacts and medical forms, LAC information and relevant information passed to staff.
- To liaise with line manager regarding staff training needs, booking training and co-ordinating staff cover.
- Attend relevant meetings and feedback to school leadership team
- Support fundraising, marketing & advertising through general administrative tasks.
- Such other duties that may be deemed appropriate
Skills and Experience
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Polite and friendly manner with a can-do attitude
- Enthusiastic, flexible and hard working
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office, specifically Office 365, Word, Excel and Outlook
- Organisational skills
- Keen to learn and able to take direction
Strictly no agencies thank you.
All applicants are required to complete an application form which can be found under the careers section on our website – www.channelsandchoices.co.uk
Closing Date for all applications – 12th November 2022