Registered Manager – Children’s Home
Permanent, Full Time Post
Starting salary – £48,000 per annum
Additional On-call allowance
£50 for duties completed Monday – Thursday
£75 for duties completed Friday – Sunday (including Bank Holidays)
Permanent, Full time Position – minimum of 37.5 hours per week
28 days paid annual leave entitlement + 8 Bank Holidays and a loyalty scheme which rewards you with extra annual leave following 2 years of service.
- Private Medical care
- Private Optical, Dental and Audiological cover
- Free access to EAP, employee Health Assured Programme
- Long service awards for 5, 10 and 15 years service
- Loyalty scheme which rewards you with extra annual leave following 2 years of service, up to 5 extra days.
- Company events such as Awards ceremonies to celebrate employees and children
- Outstanding Ofsted bonus
- Team building days
The Registered Manager is the person with overall responsibility for day to day management of the home. This includes, but is not limited to; efficient management of the house budget, overseeing the development of staff and the young people in placement, formulating and updating placement plans, risk assessments and positive handling plans.
The registered individual is accountable for the delivery of high quality service provision incorporating care, welfare, safety and security of all children and young people in his / her care and promoting the Company’s ethos as an activity based organisation. In accordance with Channels and Choices health and safety policies and procedures, the registered individual is responsible for ensuring Health and Safety guidelines are adhered to. This is to include the monitoring of a monthly Health and Safety Audit.
- Due to Ofsted Regulations, all employees in our Residential Service must be over 20 years of age;
- Experience of working in a Senior or Strategic Role within a children’s residential care setting
- Level 3 Diploma in Children’s Residential Service or equivalent
- GCSE in Maths and English at C Grade of above
- Physically fit
- Resilient, enthusiastic and motivated person.
- Proven ability to lead staff teams and line management experience, including supervisions
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Calm, approachable manner, adaptable and non-judgemental
- Able to work under own initiative and as part of a team
- Excellent organisational skills
- Knowledge of Child Protection & Safeguarding
- Ability to drive and holds a current driving licence
- NVQ or Diploma Level 5 in Leadership & Management in Residential Children’s Services or equivalent
- Previous experience in a Deputy Manager or Registered Manager role in a Residential Children’s Care Setting
- Social Work Qualification of Equivalent
- Any relevant or transferrable skills, such as First Aid trained
- Knowledge of the Children Act & Children’s Homes Regulations
- Understanding and knowledge of Therapeutic Approach to Childcare
Duties & Responsibilities
- Ensure that you and your staff work in accordance with the Statement of Purpose and Function of the home. Understand, update and continuously improve relevant Channels and Choices documents to include The Statement of Purpose, Young Person’s Guide, policies and practice standards; seeking approval and communicating changes to others as appropriate.
- Demonstrate effective leadership to direct and support the staff team to deliver person centered childcare working towards the best outcomes for each young person
- Manage, supervise and mentor staff; organize work patterns and training, and conduct and record regular supervisions and appraisals.
- Demonstrate a working knowledge, implement, adhere to and give guidance to other staff on: Children’s Homes (England) Regulations 2015, The Children Act 1989 & 2004, Care Standards Act 2000, Equal Opportunities Policies, National Quality Standards for Children’s Homes, and Local Authority Child Protection Procedures, and any subsequent changes to said legislation.
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of Ofsted Inspection guidelines, promptly implementing any recommendations following an Inspection. Timely notification of any significant events or changes within the home, including completion of Regulation 45 Reports within the given timeframe as instructed by Channels and Choices.
- To ensure that you and your staff team implement and adhere to Channels and Choices Safeguarding Policy and Local Authority Safeguarding procedures.
- Work cohesively and in partnership with team members and other professionals (Social Workers, Police, Education, and Health) to contribute and monitor the multidisciplinary assessment of children’s needs, support children in order for them to reach their full potential as outlined in their care plans, and in accordance with Channels and Choices Policies & Procedures, Local Authority Instructions and relevant legislation.
- Ensure Local Authority Social Workers are notified of all significant events, incidents, important changes and physical interventions within 24 hours.
- Ensure that young people receive a sensitive residential service which best meets their individual social, racial, psychological, educational, cultural, physical identity and health care needs according to the Statement of Purpose and Function of the Home and Channels and Choices policies and procedures, and children facing particular crisis and stresses are offered appropriate additional support in a timely manner.
- Organising the availability and deployment of staff within the home and wider Channels and Choices Community, ensuring rota’s are covered to meet regulations met.
- Ensure that the home is fit for purpose by ensuring that Fire Regulations and Health and Safety Regulations are met, Quality Assurance and Regulation 44 Reports action points are addressed promptly. Appropriate records are kept and that fire drill
Channels & Choices is committed to safeguarding & promoting the welfare of children & young people. The post is subject to an enhanced DBS disclosure, an employment background check, satisfactory references & verification of right to work in the UK.
Channels & Choices are committed to ensuring that we are always recruiting, retaining and promoting a diverse mix of colleagues who are representative of the diversity in our local community. We actively celebrate our staff’s different abilities, sexual orientation, ethnicity, faith, and gender. Everyone is welcome to apply for a job with Channels & Choices and our staff are supported in their development at all stages in their journey with us.