Registered Manager – Children’s Home
Permanent, Full Time Post
Starting salary of £40,000 per annum dependent on experience & qualifications
Due to up and coming expansion, rewarding opportunities have arisen and we are currently looking for Registered Managers for our Therapeutic Children’s Homes who are keen for a new and exciting role.
Competitive Starting Salary of £40,000 per annum. We offer 36 days paid annual leave per year and a loyalty scheme which rewards you with extra annual leave following 2 years of service.
Channels & Choices is an award winning, dynamic company specialising in children’s residential care, Fostering and Education based in South East Kent. OFSTED judge our services as ‘Outstanding’
The role of a Registered Manager is the person with overall responsibility for day to day management of the Children’s Home and is accountable for the delivery of a high quality of service provision, incorporating care, welfare, safety and security of all children and young people in their care in order for them to achieve a secure base. Supporting, leading and managing a team of staff who will provide protection and support the children with their physical, psychological, emotional & social development.
- Due to Ofsted Regulations, all employees in our Residential Service must be over 21 years of age;
- Experience of working in a Senior or Strategic Role within a children’s residential care setting
- Level 3 Diploma in Children’s Residential Service or equivalent
- GCSE in Maths and English at C Grade of above
- Physically fit
- Resilient, enthusiastic and motivated person
- Proven ability to lead staff teams and line management experience, including supervisions
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Calm, approachable manner, adaptable and non-judgemental
- Able to work under own initiative and as part of a team
- Excellent organisational skill
- Knowledge of Child Protection & Safeguarding
- Ability to drive and holds a current driving licence
- NVQ or Diploma Level 5 in Leadership & Management in Residential Children’s Services or equivalent
- Previous experience in a Deputy Manager or Registered Manager role in a Residential Children’s Care Setting
- Social Work Qualification of Equivalent
- Any relevant or transferrable skills, such as First Aid trained
- Knowledge of the Children Act & Children’s Homes Regulations
- Understanding and knowledge of Therapeutic Approach to Childcare
We are looking for candidates who have proven managerial skills in a Residential Care Setting and are passionate about improving the lives and outcomes for children and young people. We are an activity based company and promote the well-being of our young people through a wide and varied programme of activities, sports and hobbies.
Channels & Choices is committed to safeguarding & promoting the welfare of children & young people. The post is subject to an enhanced DBS disclosure, an employment background check, satisfactory references & verification of right to work in the UK.