Channels and Choices are a growing and dynamic company offering therapeutic care within our community, including Children’s Residential Care and Fostering. We also offer education to GCSE level in our independent DfE Registered School.
We are looking to recruit a highly motivated person with excellent interpersonal skills with an interest and commitment to working in a child centred environment within our therapeutic community.
You will be able to work in a pro-active manner, ensuring confidentially at all times. The successful candidate will ensure the provision of excellent customer service delivery when dealing with colleagues, local authorities and external agencies by ensuring that all placement referrals are responded to efficiently and in a timely manner with a focus on maximising opportunities for securing safe placements within our Fostering and Residential services.
You will be the first point of contact for Local Authorities who are seeking placements for children in our Residential Homes or Fostering Service, answering enquiries from Local Authorities maintain confidentiality at all times and responding in a professional and sensitive manner.
You will be part of a team working alongside Home Managers, Social Workers and Foster Carers to coordinate and develop the referrals and administrative process.
Part of the role will be promoting and encouraging new business which will involve visiting Local Authorities and assisting in the delivery of presentations about the services we offer and be part of the team bidding and producing written tenders to Local Authorities.
You will develop, update and maintain a comprehensive system/database of all enquiries and referrals received.
Essential Skills and Experience
- GCSE Maths and English Grade C or above
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent IT skills
- Organised with an ability to prioritise workloads and work independently when required
- Driver with access to own transport
- Energy, drive and commitment to company goals
- Self-motivated and team player
- Maintain confidentially at all times
- Experience of working in a child care/fostering setting
- Experience in working within a placements team and/or customer service or sales environment
- Relevant qualification in Social Work, Therapeutic Childcare, Children’s service
- Understanding of Attachment Based Theory
- Child protection training
- Knowledge of the Children Act 1998/2004
- Experience of being part of team or directly involved in writing tenders
Channels & Choices is committed to safeguarding & promoting the welfare of children & young people. The post is subject to an enhanced DBS disclosure, an employment background check, satisfactory references & verification of right to work in the UK.