Channels & Choices is an award winning, dynamic company specialising in children’s residential care, Fostering and Education based in South East Kent. OFSTED judge our services as ‘Outstanding’
We are currently looking to recruit a skilled, reliable and motivated individual to provide a high standard of maintenance throughout our residential homes, offices and our school.
The post is permanent, full time (37.5 hours) working across the Channels and Choices Community.
We offer a competitive salary of £23,000 – £26,000 per annum. Further benefits include 36 days paid annual leave per year and a loyalty scheme which rewards you with extra annual leave following 2 years of service.
To provide maintenance support for Channels and Choices properties, as required by the Directors. This involves travel across the various sites, carrying out routine maintenance and repairs and all associated work such as the purchase of appropriate equipment and resources to conduct the work in accordance with the Directors approval.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform all routine and scheduled maintenance of properties; to include cleaning & repairs to property as rooms become vacant, and preparing property to be re-used in good condition
- Perform house and property building work, renovations & upgrades as directed including painting and decorating and hanging doors
- Maintain a safe working environment at all times in accordance with Health and Safety requirements and legislation
- Undertake key holder duties and provide access to all sites and buildings including call out requirements
- Respond to emergency maintenance calls
- Participating in an on call system during non-working hours to deal with emergencies as necessary, which requires the employee to remain within reasonable travelling distance of your place of work and be ready to and respond to a call to attend work
- Prioritise work to complete it in a timely and efficient manner
- Complete daily work record forms/activity logs and submit weekly to the Directors
- Complete other related paperwork as directed
- Keep track of receipts for items purchased for each job and submit receipts to the Directors on an at least weekly basis with activity logs
- The maintenance team are required to hold a full, clean driving licence in order to travel between sites
- The maintenance team are expected to operate in accordance with all Company policies and procedures, and should ensure they familiarise themselves with these
- Perform other duties as directed.
- Experience would be preferred, particularly in painting & decorating
Channels and Choices are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the young people in our care. Staff are all required to adhere to the organisation’s Safeguarding Policies and Procedures. This post will be subject to a clear Enhanced DBS Disclosure, an employment background check, satisfactory references & verification of a right to work in the UK. As part of our commitment to Safer Recruitment, CV’s cannot be considered without a completed application form.