We are seeking to recruit a KS3&4 Teacher of Science/Technology who is also a great all-rounder- enthusiastic, innovative and highly motivated. A strong commitment to moving the school to Outstanding and leading by example are of key importance. Applicants that have prior experience or training in the Primary or SEND sectors will be well prepared for teaching in our secondary department.
The Sallygate School is an independent SEMH School for young people aged 7-17. The Sallygate School is part of Channels and Choices which is a Therapeutic Residential & Fostering Service for young people. The majority of our pupils are currently Children in Care.
Successful candidates will be:
- An excellent practitioner with high expectations of teaching and learning, achievement and a commitment to building positive relationships with pupils.
- Able to offer learners a high quality curriculum, giving them confidence to succeed
- Ability to teach Science/Technology across the key stages is desirable
- Able to inspire pupils through the delivery of engaging lessons and to reduce gaps in learning for our pupils
- Able to support our pupils to reach their full potential
We can offer:
- The opportunity to work with our articulate, great fun and ready to learn young people;
- Support with Training & Development, including our own in-house training programmes;
- A closely knit staff team dedicated to ensuring very positive outcomes for our pupils.
The Sallygate School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects staff to share this commitment. All appointments are subject to Enhanced Disclosure, via the DBS and are subject to qualification, reference and health checks.