HR & Training Co-Ordinator
£35,000 – £45,000 per annum dependent on qualifications & experience
Company Benefits include:
- Private Medical care
- Private Optical, Dental and Audiological cover
- An employee assistance and wellbeing program (EAP) for staff which includes counselling services, debt and finance support which is available to staff and adult family members within the home.
- Long service awards for 5, 10 and 15 years service
- Loyalty scheme which rewards you with extra annual leave following 2 years of service, up to 5 extra days.
- Company events such as Awards ceremonies to celebrate employees and children in our care.
- Annual performance reviews
- Team building days
Channels & Choices is an award winning, dynamic company specialising in children’s residential care, Fostering and Education based in South-East Kent.
We are looking to recruit an experienced and organised HR & Training Co-ordinator to support our HR service provided to the organisation. (We currently have c.190 Employees.)
The post holder will be one of the points of contact for all HR & Training aspects within the company. This includes the whole employee life cycle from onboarding to exit, administering pay and benefits and ensuring all HR systems are up to date. Provide support to the team to ensure the smooth running of training courses and to ensure that all staff receive the necessary training and development opportunities to enable them to perform their role to the best of their abilities.
With the support of the HR Manager and/or Directors they will provide HR support to managers and staff ensuring they find suitable solutions to employee issues in line with HR best practice and employment law.
- Work alongside the HR Manager on projects, HR systems & Training Programmes
- With support from business admin, liaise with internal and external training providers, co-ordinate and facilitate course bookings, ensure training records are kept updated.
- Provide expert HR advice and support for a range of HR issues, including complex cases, such as disciplinaries & grievances, redundancies, appeals and organisational restructure.
- Support with the recruitment process from onboarding to exit
- Prepare and maintain policies and staff handbooks
- Co-ordinate and implement Induction Training Programme for all new staff
- Source relevant external training, external training venues and hospitality related to training events
- Implement a process to identity a succession plan for aspiring leaders and managers
- Line management of HR Business Admin staff
- CIPD Level 3 Award in related courses or studying towards level 5
- CIPD Level 5 Award
- Minimum of 2-3 years’ experience working in an HR role
- Experience of working with complex HR matters, such as disciplinaries and grievances
- Experience of co-ordinating and organising training within an organisation
- Previous line management experience
- Managing an in-house training programme for staff
- Sourcing external training
SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Excellent verbal, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Approachable – able to deal confidently adapt to all our HR customers, with sensitivity, understanding and respecting confidentially.
- Ability to work effectively on own initiative as well as within a team.
- Ability to build relationships and promote change
- Computer literate for report writing.
- Ability to identify and provide appropriate means of support to staff
- Able to remain calm in stressful situations
- Attention to detail – able to take responsibility for your work, self-checking, ensuring mistakes are not made.
- Ability to facilitate or develop training courses
- Good understanding of HR Processes and basic employment law
- Understanding of Child Protection & Safeguarding
- Commitment to continued professional and personal development
- Commitment to equal opportunities and valuing diversity
- Demonstrate a commitment to supervision and reflective practice
- Driver with use of own car
We have a strong commitment to staff development and there will be considerable opportunities for internal and external training and for sharing good practice within the community.
Channels and Choices are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the young people in our care. Staff are all required to adhere to the organisation’s Safeguarding Policies and Procedures. This post will be subject to a clear Enhanced DBS Disclosure, an employment background check, satisfactory references & verification of a right to work in the UK. As part of our commitment to Safer Recruitment, CV’s cannot be considered without a completed application form.