Job Title: DEPUTY MANAGER – CHILDREN’S HOME
Responsible To: Registered Manager
Salary Range of £36,140 to £43,160 per annum (Dependent on qualifications & experience – salary includes 2 sleep-ins per week)
Additional On-call allowance:
£50 for duties completed Monday – Thursday
£75 for duties completed Friday – Sunday (including Bank Holidays)
Permanent, Full time Position – minimum of 37.5 hours per week, including 2 sleep-ins
28 days paid annual leave entitlement and a loyalty scheme which rewards you with extra annual leave following 2 years of service.
Channels and Choices Therapeutic Community aims to be a Centre of Excellence in Child Care and Education.We are an award winning, dynamic company specialising in children’s residential care, Fostering and Education based in South East Kent. OFSTED judge our services as ‘Outstanding’. We are committed to safeguarding the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff to share this commitment.
Due to up-and-coming expansion, rewarding opportunities have arisen and we are currently looking for a Deputy Manager within our Therapeutic Children’s Homes who is keen for a new and exciting role.
The role of the Deputy Manager is to support and work alongside the Registered Manager of the Residential Children’s Home in efficiently co-managing the house budget, overseeing the development of staff and the young people in placement, formulating, and updating placement plans, risk assessments and positive handling plans.
You will support the Registered Manager in the delivery of high quality service provision incorporating care, welfare, safety and security of all children and young people in his / her care and promoting the Company’s ethos as a Therapeutic and Activity based organization.
This role is to support the staff team in managing the day to day tasks of the home, working on shift as the lead person for role modelling and developing good practice and liaising with multi-agency partners.
We have a strong commitment to staff development and there will be considerable opportunities for internal and external training and for sharing good practice within the community.
Channels and Choices are committed to Safer Recruitment, CV’s cannot be considered without a completed application form.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Ensure that you and the staff work in accordance with the Statement of Purpose and Function of the home, updating relevant Channels and Choices documents as directed by your manager
- Demonstrate effective leadership to direct and support the staff team to deliver person centered childcare working towards the best outcomes for each young person
- Demonstrate a working knowledge, implement, adhere to and give guidance to other staff on all relevant legislation for Children’s Homes.
- Demonstrate a working knowledge and understanding of the Children’s Homes Regulations 2015, The Quality Care Standards and the SCCIF, under which each home is measured and judged against and promptly implement any recommendations or address requirements to improve the service after any Ofsted inspection.
- To ensure that you and the staff team implement and adhere to Channels and Choices Safeguarding Policy, and Local Authority Safeguarding procedures
- Work cohesively and in partnership with team members and other professionals
- Ensure Local Authority Social Workers are notified of all significant events, incidents, important changes and physical interventions within 24 hours.
- Ensure that young people receive a sensitive residential service which best meets their individual social, racial, psychological, educational, cultural, physical identity and health care needs
- Undertake all administrative tasks necessary for the effective running of the home within Channels and Choices Policies and Procedures.
- As directed by your Manager ensure that the home is fit for purpose by ensuring that Fire Regulations and Health and Safety Regulations are met, Quality Assurance and Regulation 44 Reports action points are addressed promptly.
- Supporting the Manager in the performance and development of staff by conducting regular supervisions and annual appraisal process
- Participate effectively in the on call duty system.
- Complete appropriate training within the required timeframes, ensuring that an up to date training record is maintained.
- Undertaking other duties as may be deemed appropriate from time to time.
We are looking for candidates who have proven skills and experience in a Residential Care Setting or equivalent setting and are passionate about improving the lives and outcomes for children and young people. We are an activity based company and promote the well-being of our young people through a wide and varied programme of activities, sports and hobbies.
The post is subject to an enhanced DBS disclosure, an employment background check, satisfactory references & verification of right to work in the UK.
All applicants are required to complete an application form which can be found under the careers section on our website – www.channelsandchoices.co.uk
Closing Date for all applications – 31st December 2021