Senior Practitioner – Fostering Team
£40,000 – £48,000 dependent on qualifications & experience
Channels & Choices is an award winning, dynamic company specialising in children’s residential care, Fostering and Education based in South East Kent. OFSTED judge our services as ‘Outstanding’
We are currently looking to recruit a Senior Practitioner based within our Fostering Agency in South East Kent. This position is a permanent role and you will be responsible for the assessment, supervision and support of foster carers based in Kent. The successful candidate will be part of our unique, expanding organisation which helps children achieve their full potential.
Channels and Choices Therapeutic Fostering specialise in working with children who have experienced trauma, most will have an attachment disorder. We create a secure base for all the children in our care and we focus on achieving seamless transitions so that children can be part of a loving and nurturing family.
The post is permanent, full time (37.5 hours) and is based within our Fostering Team in South East Kent. We offer a competitive Salary Range of £40,000 – £48,000 per annum. Further benefits include 36 days paid annual leave per year and a loyalty scheme which rewards you with extra annual leave following 2 years of service.
JOB DESCRIPTION – Senior Practitioner
- Ensure compliance with regulations, legislation and best practice guidelines
- Provide support and supervise a small group of carers
- Provide line management and regular supervision to a small team of Social Workers
- Provide high quality services to the children and young people placed with Channels and Choices Fostering Services
- Ensure an excellent quality service that promotes positive outcomes for looked after children
- Be responsible for timely Form F Assessments and other relevant assessments and reports
- Promote the company and ensure professional standards are maintained at all times
Experience & Skills
- You must be professionally registered with the HCPC, and eligible to work in the UK
- You must have a relevant Social Work qualification (BA/MA Social Work/DipSW or equivalent)
- Previous social work & line management experience, ideally within a fostering team/Children’s Social Work Team
- Full working knowledge of current statutory and regulatory guidelines governing the operation of fostering, services for children and young people and of child care legislation
- Full UK Driving License and use of own car
- Flexibility, adaptability, confidentiality
- You will be required to form part of an on call team
Professional Registration with HCPC and eligible to work in the UK
Relevant Social Work qualification (BA/MA Social Work/DipSW or equivalent)
Minimum of 2 years’ experience working with children &, adolescents within the Care System as well as, families and foster carers – preferably within a Fostering Agency or similar setting. Experience of working with relevant client groups who present with his levels of complexity and difficulty. Previous line management experience.
Experience of undertaking Form F Assessments
SKILLS & ABILITIES
Excellent verbal , communication and interpersonal skills in order to communicate effectively with carers, children, families and colleagues
Ability to work effectively on own initiative as well as within a team
Ability to build relationships and promote change
Computer literate for report and assessment writing
Skills in providing consultation to foster carers or other client groups
Ability to identify and provide appropriate means of support to carers and staff exposed to distressing situations and challenging behaviour
Ability to facilitate or develop training courses
Good understanding of child development
Full working knowledge of current statutory and regulatory guidelines governing the operation of fostering, services for children and young people and of child care legislation
Understanding of Child Protection & Safeguarding
Working knowledge of Attachment Theory based practice
Knowledge of the mental health needs of children and adolescents
Commitment to continued professional and personal development
Commitment to equal opportunities and valuing diversity
Demonstrate a commitment to supervision and reflective practice
Driver with use of own car
These are exciting times as Channels & Choices continues to expand and develop its Fostering & Residential Services and we are looking for someone to join our dynamic multi-disciplinary staff team who has a passion for promoting outstanding outcomes for children in care.
We have a strong commitment to staff development and there will be considerable opportunities for internal and external training and for sharing good practice within the community.
Channels and Choices are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the young people in our care. Staff are all required to adhere to the organisation’s Safeguarding Policies and Procedures. This post will be subject to a clear Enhanced DBS Disclosure, an employment background check, satisfactory references & verification of a right to work in the UK. As part of our commitment to Safer Recruitment, CV’s cannot be considered without a completed application form.