Channels & Choices is an award winning, dynamic company specialising in children’s residential care, Fostering and Education based in South East Kent. OFSTED judge our services as ‘Outstanding’.
Due to up and coming expansion, rewarding opportunities have arisen and we are currently looking for Residential Support Workers who are keen for a new and exciting role in one of our Residential Children’s Homes.
The role of Residential Support Worker is to provide safety, support, care and guidance for the children and young people in our care.
- We are currently offering full time or part time contracts working within a rota system which includes shift work and sleep-ins
- £22,520 – £25,140 p/a subject to qualifications & experience, including 3 sleep-ins per week
- We offer a competitive salary with great opportunities to progress – 40% of our current workforce have been promoted to senior positions since joining us.
We offer long service benefits such as:
- 28 days paid holiday per year
- Staff pension scheme
- Staff loyalty and long service scheme which includes increase in pay and extra annual leave days.
- Regular team building days
We also have a full Training Package offered to all employees. This includes fully funded Level 3 Diploma for Residential Childcare qualification.
Fantastic development opportunities for staff and a high level of training provided in-house and by Kent University.
- Applicants must be 21 years of age or over;
- Physically fit, Resilient and motivated person;
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written;
- Calm, approachable manner, adaptable and non-judgemental;
- Able to work under own initiative and as part of a team;
- Basic housekeeping and cooking skills.
- GCSE in Maths and English at C Grade or above
- NVQ or Diploma Level 3 in Children & Young People’s Workforce or equivalent;
- Previous experience in working in a residential care setting or with young people;
- Any relevant or transferrable skills, such as First Aid Trained;
- Ability to drive and hold a current full driving licence;
- Knowledge of Child Protection & Safeguarding
We are looking for candidates who are passionate about improving the lives and outcomes for children & young people. We are an activity based company and promote the well being of our young people through a wide and varied programme of activities, sports and hobbies.
All applicants are required to complete an application form at our website www.channelsandchoices.co.uk
CV’s will not be considered.