Residential Support Worker
In one of our family sized children’s homes in Dover, Deal and Sandwich.
The role of Residential Support Worker is to provide safety, support, care and guidance for the children and young people in our care. Our residential homes are just like family homes with 3 to 4 children only, and we operate on a 1 -1 staff to child ratio. You’ll be taking care of the children – helping them get ready for school, taking them to activities and clubs, preparing meal times and sharing experiences with them to help them build positive relationships and prepare them for family living.
- We are currently offering full time or part time contracts working within a rota system which includes shift work and sleep-ins
- Starting salary of £12 per hour which is £30,000 per annum subject to qualifications & experience, including 3 sleep-ins per week (sleep ins are paid at £60 per sleep)
- We offer a competitive salary with great opportunities to progress – 40% of our current workforce have been promoted to senior positions since joining us.
- Consistent shift patterns so you can plan your time off!
We offer long service benefits such as:
- 28 days paid holiday per year
- Staff pension scheme
- Staff loyalty and long service scheme which includes increase in pay and extra annual leave days.
- Regular team building days, parties, meals and more!
We also have a full Training Package offered to all employees. This includes fully funded Level 3 Diploma for Residential Childcare qualification.
Fantastic development opportunities for staff and a high level of training provided in-house and by Kent University.
Once you have applied, we’ll invite you to an informal interview with two managers from our residential team. It’s a chance to tell us about yourself and ask any questions you have about working in a children’s home. If you’re successful, you will be invited to attend a two week induction course at our Head Office at Kearsney Manor. Here, you will receive mandatory training and a wealth of learning to prepare you for the role. Don’t worry – we won’t just throw you in the deep end! You’ll spend time with a mentor in one of the homes, working in “shadow” shifts alongside other workers.
Person Specification – What’s needed:
- Applicants must be 21 years of age or over;
- Physically fit, Resilient and motivated person;
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written;
- Calm, approachable manner, adaptable and non-judgemental;
- Able to work under own initiative and as part of a team;
- Basic housekeeping and cooking skills.
- GCSE in Maths and English at C Grade or above
- NVQ or Diploma Level 3 in Children & Young People’s Workforce or equivalent;
- Previous experience in working in a residential care setting or with young people;
- Any relevant or transferrable skills, such as First Aid Trained;
- Ability to drive and hold a current full driving licence;
- Knowledge of Child Protection & Safeguarding
We are looking for candidates who are passionate about improving the lives and outcomes for children & young people. We are an activity based company and promote the well being of our young people through a wide and varied programme of activities, sports and hobbies.
We have a strong commitment to staff development and there will be considerable opportunities for internal and external training and for sharing good practice within the community.
Channels and Choices are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the young people in our care. Staff are all required to adhere to the organisation’s Safeguarding Policies and Procedures. This post will be subject to a clear Enhanced DBS Disclosure, an employment background check, satisfactory references & verification of a right to work in the UK. As part of our commitment to Safer Recruitment, CV’s cannot be considered without a completed application form.
Channels & Choices are committed to ensuring that we are always recruiting, retaining and promoting a diverse mix of colleagues who are representative of the diversity in our local community. We actively celebrate our staff’s different abilities, sexual orientation, ethnicity, faith, and gender. Everyone is welcome to apply for a job with Channels & Choices and our staff are supported in their development at all stages in their journey with us.