Responsible to: Head teacher
£17,375 – £22,000 – Pro rata: 37.5 hours weekly 39 weeks +2 weeks = 41 weeks per year
Purpose of the Job:
Through supportive and encouraging learning relationships and interventions, establish effective mentoring with pupils with complex needs and a history of severe behavioural difficulties to achieve and reach their learning potential.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist the Senior Leadership Team to support the identification of specific difficulties and associated risks that prevent individual pupils from engaging in education and reaching their full potential.
- Develop additional and alternative creative interventions and learning activities that support progression and achievement, build self-esteem and encourage learning and social participation.
- Deliver interventions and learning activities on a one to one or small group work basis, in a variety of environments under the direction of the Senior Leadership Teams and the guidance of Lead Teachers.
- Support and assist pupils to develop positive behaviours and strategies for managing difficult situations. Implement agreed approaches and behaviour plans in a consistent, fair and unbiased manner.
- In conjunction with other key staff, help develop, review and implement the Personal Learning Plan’s for each student.
- Contribute to the positive emotional health and wellbeing of all pupils. Build positive relationships with pupils, parents/carers and external agencies, modelling good practice and undertaking robust and consistent child safeguarding working practices as directed by Policies and Procedures.
- Monitor effectiveness and accurately record progress and achievement in areas of behaviour, engagement, wellbeing and learning. Complete any associated paperwork and reports as required, and contribute to all Personal Learning Plans as directed by the Senior Leadership Teams.
- Undertake additional or other duties as may be appropriate to achieve the objectives of the post and as directed and deemed appropriate by the Senior Leadership Team.
- Demonstrate and model a commitment and contribution to the Equal Opportunities and Multi-Racial policies as well as anti-sexist practice at all times.
- Undertake ongoing appropriate CPD and in service training as required by the job role.
- Undertake any training to use all relevant technology and ICT packages to support the student’s with their learning and relevant qualifications
- Provide information towards Children in Care Reviews and Personal Education Plan Meetings as requested.
- Partake in ‘extra curricula’ activities (out of school hours and in school holidays as directed by Senior Leadership Team) in line with the identified needs of the pupils.
- Maintain high standards by behaving and communicating in a professional manner at all times.
- Follow and adhere to all Policies and Procedures at all times.
Channels & Choices is committed to safeguarding & promoting the welfare of children & young people. The post is subject to an enhanced DBS disclosure, an employment background check, satisfactory references & verification of right to work in the UK.
If you have any questions regarding this position or would like any further information please contact Paulette Holliday or Alistair Hammond on 01304 361888.