Independent Fostering Assessment Social Worker
£2,750 per Form F Assessment – Self Employed – Sessional Work
Channels & Choices is an award winning, dynamic company specialising in children’s residential care, Fostering and Education based in South East Kent. OFSTED judge our services as ‘Outstanding’. We specialise in working with children who have experienced trauma, most will have an attachment disorder. We create a secure base for all the children in our care and we focus on achieving seamless transitions so that children can be part of a loving and nurturing family.
Due to the current expansion of our Fostering Service we are seeking to appoint an Independent Form F Assessor to provide support to our Fostering team based in the South East of Kent.
You will support potential foster carers through the Form F process and panel process, undertake competence-based Form F Assessments within given timescales, working closely with other members of our Fostering Team. Following the successful completion of the Form F assessment and all documents have been approved, you will also be expected to present and support the potential foster carers to our Foster Panel.
The position will be self-employed, and we offer a Market Leading rate of up to £2,750 for each Form F Assessment that is successfully completed. Channels and Choices will also offer training days.
- Relevant Social Work qualification (BA/MA Social Work/DipSW or equivalent)
- Professional Registration with Social Work England and eligible to work in the UK
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience working with children and families as a Qualified Social Worker, preferably within a fostering service
- Experience of undertaking competence-based Form F Assessments
Skills & Abilities (Essential)
- Excellent verbal, communication, and interpersonal skills in order to communicate effectively with carers, children, families and other professionals
- Proven report writing and assessment skills
- Ability to work effectively on own initiative to deadlines
- Computer literate for report and assessment writing
- Able to present reports in a professional way
- Good understanding of the process required to become a foster carer
- Full working knowledge of current statutory and regulatory guidelines governing the operation of fostering, services for children and young people and of child-care legislation
- Understanding of Child Protection & Safeguarding
- Working knowledge of Attachment Theory based practice
- Knowledge of the mental health needs of children and adolescents
Personal Qualities (Essential)
- Professional credibility
- Commitment to equal opportunities and valuing diversity
- Driver with use of own car
Channels and Choices are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the young people in our care. Staff are all required to adhere to the organisation’s Safeguarding Policies and Procedures. This post will be subject to a clear Enhanced DBS Disclosure, an employment background check, satisfactory references & verification of a right to work in the UK. As part of our commitment to Safer Recruitment, CV’s cannot be considered without a completed application form.