Family therapist/systemically trained psychological therapist.
Based on NHS Salary Scales: Band 7 – £43,742 to £50,056
Salary will be dependent on qualifications & experience.
Based at Head Office in Dover, Kent
Channels & Choices is an award winning, dynamic company specialising in children’s residential care, Fostering and Education based in South East Kent. OFSTED judge our services as ‘Outstanding’
Channels & Choices is a centre of excellence in therapeutic child care. Our Community based in East Kent is made up of 7 therapeutic residential children’s homes, a SEMH school and a therapeutic fostering service. As a member of our community you would play a key part in transforming children’s lives and helping them reach their full potential. Your role would involve working across all aspects of the community supporting the adults who care for the children in our care.
We are currently looking to recruit a Systemically trained psychological therapist based within our multi-disciplinary Therapy Department.
This is a permanent full-time position (37.5 hours per week 9am – 5pm). with a competitive salary dependant on qualifications and experience. The salary scale is based on the NHS banding of a Band 7 £43,742 – £50,056 Salary will be dependent on qualifications & experience.
Further benefits include-
- 36 days paid annual leave per year and a loyalty scheme which rewards you with extra annual leave following 2 years of service.
- An employee assistance and wellbeing program (EAP) for staff which includes counselling services, debt and finance support which is available to staff and adult family members within the home.
- Vitality Health Insurance including Dental, Audio and Optical.
- We offer very well supported and manageable caseloads.
- Regular Clinical Supervision available.
- Yearly CPD budget available.
- Professional membership funded.
- Opportunity to attend therapeutic training courses, including Attachment & Relationship Based Practice Training run by Professor David Shemmings
These are exciting times as Channels & Choices continues to expand and develop its Services and we are looking for someone to join our dynamic multi-disciplinary staff team who has a passion for promoting outstanding outcomes for children in care.
The successful applicant will undertake direct clinical work in the therapy team contributing to the multi-disciplinary team providing specialist assessment, therapy, consultation, and training as appropriate.
The successful applicant will also provide dedicated support to Children and Young People and their carers in addition to working with colleagues from Education, Health, Social Care and the Voluntary Sector in order to plan appropriate and timely Interventions.
- Accredited training and relevant qualifications in any of the following disciplines: Child/Adolescent Psychotherapist, Systemic Practitioner and Family Psychotherapist.
- Registered Mental Health Registration l such as BACP, HCPC, UKCP, ACP or relevant accrediting body.
- Qualifications in other therapeutic models (and the application of these) relevant to children, adolescents, and families such as: systemic practice, dyadic developmental psychotherapy (DDP), Theraplay, and cognitive behavioural approaches
- A minimum of 2 years post qualification experience of working with children or families.
- Experience of being able to provide specialist assessments, individual /group therapy, consultations, and training as appropriate.
- Experience of providing therapeutic interventions with parents/foster carers, children, and families, in particular those who have experienced developmental trauma and loss.
- Clinical experience within a multi-disciplinary team
- Previous experience of working within a CAMHS service.
- Previous experience of working within a fostering agency with foster carers.
- Experience in working with children with neurodevelopmental presentations and their families.
Skills & Abilities
- An understanding of other psychological treatment modalities.
- Excellent verbal communication and interpersonal skills to communicate effectively with carers, children, families, and colleagues.
- Computer literate and able to write comprehensive reports.
- Ability to manage and prioritise own workload.
- Working as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
- Ability to identify and provide appropriate means of support to carers and staff exposed to distressing situations and challenging behaviour.
- Ability to effectively use clinical and group supervision to process and reflect on the therapeutic support provided and group dynamics.
- Experience of working with complex presentations of Children and Young People in the community.
- Understanding of Child Protection & Safeguarding
- Experience of working in partnership with other agencies.
- Knowledge of the process necessary for effective risk assessment and management
- Understanding of trauma informed practice.
- Commitment to continued professional and personal development.
- Commitment to equal opportunities and valuing diversity
- Demonstrate a commitment to supervision and reflective practice
- Driver with use of own car
We have a strong commitment to staff development and there will be considerable opportunities for internal and external training and for sharing good practice within the community.
Channels and Choices are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the young people in our care. Staff are all required to adhere to the organisation’s Safeguarding Policies and Procedures. This post will be subject to a clear Enhanced DBS Disclosure, an employment background check, satisfactory references & verification of a right to work in the UK. As part of our commitment to Safer Recruitment, CV’s cannot be considered without a completed application form.