Channels & Choices is an award winning, dynamic company specialising in children’s residential care, Fostering and Education based in South East Kent. OFSTED judge our services as ‘Outstanding’.
Due to a recent restructure within our Therapy Department, we currently have an exciting opportunity for experienced, innovative and enthusiastic Clinical Psychologist to join our Therapy Team within Channels & Choices Therapeutic Community.
The post is permanent, full time (37.5 hours) and is based across our Therapeutic Community in South East Kent.
We offer a competitive Salary Range of £35,000 – £50,000 per annum. Further benefits include 36 days paid annual leave per year and a loyalty scheme which rewards you with extra annual leave following 2 years of service.
The post involves the assessment, therapy and treatment of children who have been placed with us within our service. You will be part of a multi-disciplinary team that includes Psychotherapists, Counsellors, Psychiatry, Care and Education professionals.
These are exciting times as Channels & Choices continues to expand and develop its Residential and Fostering Service and we are looking for someone to join our dynamic multi-disciplinary staff team who has a passion for promoting outstanding outcomes for children in care.
We have a strong commitment to staff development and there will be considerable opportunities for internal and external training and for sharing good practice within the community.
- Carrying out general and specialist assessments with clients in a range of settings
- Delivering therapy to individuals and/or family groups
- Contributing to the wider multi-disciplinary team with individual and joint work
- Offering advice, consultation, and training to relevant stakeholders (e.g. social workers, support workers, teachers etc.)
- Clinical supervision of other professionals
- Driving Licence and access to own transport
Experience and Skills
- Highly skilled in engaging with children and young people.
- Minimum of 2 years post qualification experience
- Demonstrate a flexible and dynamic approach to working with children and families
Channels and Choices are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the young people in our care. Staff are all required to adhere to the organisation’s Safeguarding Policies and Procedures. This post will be subject to a clear Enhanced DBS Disclosure, an employment background check, satisfactory references & verification of a right to work in the UK.