Salary £18,525.00 – £23,500 per annum (salary based on qualifications and experience)
Permanent Full Time Position – 37.5 hours per week
Channels & Choices is an award winning, dynamic company specialising in children’s residential care, Fostering and Education based in South-East Kent. OFSTED judge our services as ‘Outstanding’
We are currently looking to recruit someone to provide administrative and receptionist support for the organization.
Channels and Choices Therapeutic Community specialise in working with children who have experienced trauma, most will have an attachment disorder. We create a secure base for all the children in our care and we focus on achieving the best outcomes for these children.
The post is permanent, full-time position (37.5 hours per week). Further benefits include 36 days paid annual leave per year and a loyalty scheme which rewards you with extra annual leave following 2 years of service.
This post will also come with a full package of in-house training and the opportunity to undertake a Level 2/3 Diploma in Business Administration.
We have a strong commitment to staff development and there will be considerable opportunities for internal and external training and for sharing good practice within the community.
Channels and Choices are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the young people in our care. Staff are all required to adhere to the organisation’s Safeguarding Policies and Procedures. This post will be subject to a clear Enhanced DBS Disclosure, an employment background check, satisfactory references & verification of a right to work in the UK. As part of our commitment to Safer Recruitment, CVs cannot be considered without a completed application form.
The Admin Assistant will provide administration, reception and general office support to the organisation and will be an effective and efficient team member contributing to the smooth and efficient running of the organisation.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Supporting Senior Administrators within the organisation and providing reception cover for at least 2 days per week, alongside holiday cover.
- Attending meetings, taking, and reproducing appropriate and accurate notes
- All general admin support via a Microsoft package, word, excel, outlook etc
- Dealing with telephone, email and postal enquires in a timely, polite, and efficient manner
- Ensuring meeting rooms are set up to accommodate training and meetings.
- Ordering and facilitating lunches and refreshments for training and meetings
- To support with purchasing and maintaining office supplies
- To support with greeting clients, visitors, and training course attendees, ensuring that they are welcomed to the company and that the visitors book is accurately maintained
- Creating and maintaining effective paper and electronic filing systems and ensuring records are up to date
- Sorting and distributing incoming post, organizing, and sending outgoing post
- Photocopying and printing various documents – scanning and uploading documents to various databases
- Maintaining confidentiality
- Such other duties that may be deemed appropriate
Skills and Experience
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Polite and friendly manner with a can-do attitude
- Enthusiastic, flexible, and hard working
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office, specifically Office 365, Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Organisational skills
- Keen to learn and able to take direction
Strictly no agencies thank you.
All applicants are required to complete an application form which can be found under the careers section on our website – www.channelsandchoices.co.uk
Closing Date for all applications – 28 February 2023
For further information please contact
HR Team on Tel – 01304 361888 or visit www.channelsandchoices.co.uk