Due to up and coming expansion, rewarding opportunities have arisen and we are currently looking for Shift Leaders who are keen for a new and exciting role within one of our Residential Children’s Homes.
Our newly revised salary range is £25,140 – £27,186 per year with a minimum starting rate of £10 per hour.
Channels & Choices is an award winning, dynamic company specialising in children’s residential care, Fostering and Education based in South East Kent. OFSTED judge our services as ‘Outstanding’.
The role of a Shift Leader is to consistently provide safety, support, guidance and nurture in order to achieve a secure base for the children placed with us. Shift Leaders are expected to lead each shift, demonstrate best practice through role modelling, and assume managerial responsibility in the absence of more senior staff.
- Applicants must be over 21 years of age;
- Physically fit, Resilient and motivated person
- Ability to lead staff teams and decision making skills
- Previous experience in working in a residential care setting or with young people
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written
- Calm, approachable manner, adaptable and non-judgemental
- Able to work under own initiative and as part of a team
- An understanding of a therapeutic approach to caring for children and young people
- Basic housekeeping and cooking skills
- GCSE in Maths and English at C Grade or above
- NVQ or Diploma Level 3 in Residential Children’s Services (working towards) or equivalent
- Any relevant or transferrable skills, such as First Aid trained
- Ability to drive and hold a full driving licence
- Knowledge of Child Protection and Safeguarding
We are looking for candidates who are passionate about improving the lives and outcomes for children and young people. We are an activity based company and promote the well-being of our young people through a wide and varied programme of activities, sports and hobbies.
Please visit our website www.channelsandchoices.co.uk for more information and to apply.
Channels & Choices is committed to safeguarding & promoting the welfare of children & young people. The post is subject to an enhanced DBS disclosure, an employment background check, satisfactory references & verification of right to work in the UK.
CV’s will not be considered without an application form.