Channels and Choices are a growing and dynamic company offering therapeutic care within our community, including Children’s Residential Care and Fostering. We also offer education to GCSE level in our independent DfE Registered School.
We are looking to employ a skilled individual, who is self-motivated, organised and flexible to provide high standard of maintenance throughout our homes and school.
To provide maintenance support to Channels and Choices properties as required by the Directors. This involves travel across the various sites, carrying out routine maintenance and repairs and all associated work such as the purchase of appropriate equipment and resources to conduct the work in accordance with the Directors approval.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform all routine and scheduled maintenance of properties; to include cleaning & repairs to property as rooms become vacant, and preparing property to be re-used in good condition
- Perform house and property building work, renovations & upgrades as directed including painting and decorating and hanging doors
- Maintain a safe working environment at all times in accordance with Health and Safety requirements and legislation
- Undertake key holder duties and provide access to all sites and buildings including call out requirements
- Respond to emergency maintenance calls
- Participating in an on call system during non-working hours to deal with emergencies as necessary, which requires the employee to remain within reasonable travelling distance of your place of work and be ready to and respond to a call to attend work
- Prioritise work to complete it in a timely and efficient manner
- Complete daily work record forms/activity logs and submit weekly to the Directors
- Complete other related paperwork as directed
- Keep track of receipts for items purchased for each job and submit receipts to the Directors on an at least weekly basis with activity logs
- The maintenance team are required to hold a full, clean driving licence in order to travel between sites
- The maintenance team are expected to operate in accordance with all Company policies and procedures, and should ensure they familiarise themselves with these
- Perform other duties as directed.
- Experience would be preferred
Channels & Choices is committed to safeguarding & promoting the welfare of children & young people. The post is subject to an enhanced DBS disclosure, an employment background check, satisfactory references & verification of right to work in the UK.