Experienced Children’s Support Worker
Enjoy structured consistent working patterns and consecutive days off.
Dover | Deal | Sandwich
£12.50 per hour + incredible benefits package including 28 days paid holiday, staff pension and on-going training.
Do you feel unsupported and have little time to yourself? We’re looking for experienced care workers to help us make a difference to children’s lives in our care homes based in Dover, Deal and Sandwich. If you’re working in the care sector (adult or child), we’d love to tell you all about a rewarding career with us.
In our small family-sized homes of three or four children, the role of Children’s Support Worker is to provide safety, support, care and guidance at an important time in their young lives.
What makes us different?
- We make a house a home. Each of our homes looks just like a regular family house. You’ll be part of a team that has a generous budget devoted to decorating the home and taking part in regular activities, days out and quality experiences for the children.
- Therapeutic care. You’ll receive training (both external and alongside our talented in-house therapy team) to provide the best support for the children in your home.
- UK-leading pay scales and career progression. Our starting salary is £12 per hour. The role also includes up to three sleep-ins per week at £60 per sleep, meaning that you could earn £30,000 per year. We also have a rolling rota system meaning that your days on shift and your days off will often be consecutive, making it easier for you.
Perks, rewards, and benefits
- 28 days paid annual leave
- Staff pension scheme
- Staff loyalty and long service scheme which includes increase in pay and extra annual leave days.
- Regular team building days, parties, meals and more!
- Staff discounts at high street shops and online retailers
- Complimentary health and wellbeing support with our employee assistance programme
- Full Training Package. This includes a fully funded Level 3 Diploma for Residential Childcare qualification.
What does the job involve?
As part of your house team of support workers, senior support workers, shift leaders, deputy manager and manager, you’ll be assisting with the care of the children in the home. This will include helping them get ready for school, taking them to activities and clubs, preparing meal times and sharing experiences with them to help them build positive relationships and prepare them for family living. Using the skills you have acquired through training, you’ll also provide therapeutic support and care to children who may have experienced trauma in their younger years, helping to build a more positive outcome for them. It’s incredibly rewarding.
What do we need from you?
- You must be 21 years of age or over;
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written;
- Calm, approachable manner, adaptable and non-judgemental;
- Able to work under own initiative and as part of a team;
- Basic housekeeping and cooking skills.
- Level 3 Residential Childcare Diploma or Equivalent
If you’re looking for a rewarding career and the chance to make a real difference to children who need it the most, apply to work for Channels & Choices today. After a successful initial application, we’ll invite you in for an informal interview.
Channels and Choices are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the young people in our care. Staff are all required to adhere to the organisation’s Safeguarding Policies and Procedures. This post will be subject to a clear Enhanced DBS Disclosure, an employment background check, satisfactory references & verification of a right to work in the UK. As part of our commitment to Safer Recruitment, CV’s cannot be considered without a completed application form.
Channels & Choices are committed to ensuring that we are always recruiting, retaining and promoting a diverse mix of colleagues who are representative of the diversity in our local community. We actively celebrate our staff’s different abilities, sexual orientation, ethnicity, faith, and gender. Everyone is welcome to apply for a job with Channels & Choices and our staff are supported in their development at all stages in their journey with us.