Cognitive Behavioural Therapist (CBT)
Salary – £40,057 – £45,839 per annum dependent on qualifications & experience
Full Time Position (Part time hours would be considered)
Channels & Choices is an award winning, dynamic company specialising in children’s residential care, Fostering and Education based in South East Kent. OFSTED judge our services as ‘Outstanding’
We are currently looking to recruit a Cognitive Behavioral Therapist based within our multi-disciplined Therapy Team in South East Kent delivering that treatment and interventions, working in partnership with other professionals within our service and in the wider community. The successful candidate will be part of our unique, expanding organisation which helps children achieve their full potential.
Channels and Choices specialise in working with children who have experienced trauma, most will have an attachment disorder. We create a secure base for all the children in our care and we focus on achieving seamless transitions so that children can be part of a loving and nurturing family.
The post is permanent, full time (37.5 hours) but part time hours will be considered. We offer a competitive Salary Range of £40,057 – £45,839 per annum.
Further benefits include 36 days paid annual leave per year and a loyalty scheme which rewards you with extra annual leave following 2 years of service.
These are exciting times as Channels & Choices continues to expand and develop its Services and we are looking for someone to join our dynamic multi-disciplinary staff team who has a passion for promoting outstanding outcomes for children in care.
- The post holder will be an Accredited Cognitive Behavioural Therapist or hold accreditable qualifications.
- You will deliver evidence based CBT and work focused interventions to children with a variety of presentations both on an individual and group basis as allocated by the team manager. This may be part if the initial screening and assessment process as well as on going outcome focused pieces of work.
- We have a strong commitment to staff development and there will be considerable opportunities for internal and external training and for sharing good practice within the community.
- BACP approved Diploma or MSc or equivalent in CBT or Doctorate level degree in clinical or counselling psychology with BABCP accreditation
- Registered Mental Health Professional
- Registration with the BABCP or NMC or relevant accrediting body and BABCP accreditation as a CBT therapistw
- Experience of working with a wide range of psychological disorders and complex conditions using CBT
- Experience of carrying out mental health assessments and risk assessments
- Clinical experience within a Multi-disciplinary team
Skills and Abilities (Essential)
- An understanding of other Psychological treatment modalities
- Computer literate and able to write comprehensive reports
- Ability to manage and prioritise own workload
- Work as part of a multi-disciplinary team
- Good understanding of child development
- Understanding of Child Protection & Safeguarding
- Working knowledge of Attachment Theory based practice
Personal Qualities (Essential)
- Commitment to continued professional and personal development
- Professional credibility
- Commitment to equal opportunities and valuing diversity
- Demonstrate a commitment to supervision and reflective practice
- Driver with use of own car
Channels & Choices are committed to ensuring that we are always recruiting, retaining and promoting a diverse mix of colleagues who are representative of the diversity in our local community. We actively celebrate our staff’s different abilities, sexual orientation, ethnicity, faith, and gender. Everyone is welcome to apply for a job with Channels & Choices and our staff are supported in their development at all stages in their journey with us.
Channels and Choices are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the young people in our care. Staff are all required to adhere to the organisation’s Safeguarding Policies and Procedures. This post will be subject to a clear Enhanced DBS Disclosure, an employment background check, satisfactory references & verification of a right to work in the UK. As part of our commitment to Safer Recruitment, CV’s cannot be considered without a completed application form.