Due to a recent restructure within our Therapy Department, we currently have an exciting opportunity for experienced, innovative, and enthusiastic Clinical Psychologist to join our Therapy Team within Channels & Choices Therapeutic Community.
Channels and Choices (C&C) is an award winning, dynamic company specialising in Children’s Residential Care, Fostering and Education based in South East Kent. Ofsted judge our service as ‘Outstanding’.
The post is permanent, full time (37.5 hours) or Part time (22.5 hours) minimum per week. We offer a competitive Salary Range of £48,000 – £58,000 per annum – Pro -rata for part time contracts. Further benefits include leave per year (pro-rata for Part time) and a loyalty scheme which rewards you with extra annual leave following 2 years of service.
These are exciting times as Channels & Choices continues to expand and develop its services and we are looking for someone to join our dynamic multi-disciplinary staff team who has a passion for promoting outstanding outcomes for children in care. The role will be based at our new 7 acre Kearsney Manor site and will focus on providing a variety of assessment screening tools, direct and indirect observations, and psychometric testing in order to form part of our initial needs assessments and give advice and guidance on treatment plans for children in our care.
We have an extensive training programme for all our staff and foster carers including the ARP (Attachment and Relationships Programme) delivered by Professor David Shemmings, OBE, Professor of Child Protection Research at the University of Kent. This is a fantastic opportunity for any professionals looking to further their career by working as part of a unique and pioneering service.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for psychological assessment and formulation for children referred to Channels & Choices based upon appropriate use, interpretation and integration of complex psychological data from a variety of sources including self-report measures, rating scales, direct and indirect structured observations and semi-structured interviews with children, family members and others involved in the children’s care.
- Continue to assist in the development of the Therapeutic provision within the organisation.
- Working in partnership with colleagues from across the community to develop a therapeutic understanding by providing direct advice and support to children, school & residential staff and foster carers;
- Responsible for making recommendations to the Multidisciplinary team on additional assessment or interventions and skills required from the multidisciplinary team to deliver the plan of care and expected outcomes which are evidenced based
- Supporting professionals within the community on how to communicate and develop strategies with traumatised children in order to reduce challenging behaviours and help build adult/child attachments;
- Provide consultation to colleagues to understand neuro-developmental differences, ie ADHD, Autism
- Make effective use of supervision, support, training and guidance;
- Maintain an up-to-date knowledge of the latest research and theories alongside relevant legislation and safeguarding policies and procedures.
- Deliver relevant training for foster carers and residential and school staff encouraging therapeutic thinking and communication.
- Attend CIC reviews and other C&C community meetings as required
- Provide support/supervision and line management to new staff as and when required.
- Maintain confidentiality within the Channels and Choices Community, in line with company guidelines.
- Maintain Professional Registration, appropriate memberships and CPD to ensure skills remain up to date and develop best practice within the organisation.
- Undergo regular Clinical Supervision.
- Such other duties that may be deemed appropriate
Channels and Choices are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the young people in our care. Staff are all required to adhere to the organisation’s Safeguarding Policies and Procedures. This post will be subject to a clear Enhanced DBS Disclosure, an employment background check, satisfactory references & verification of a right to work in the UK. As part of our commitment to Safer Recruitment, CVs cannot be considered without a completed application form.
Closing Date for all applications – 30th April 2021
Please contact Paulette Holliday, HR on 01304 361888 if you wish to find out more about the position